headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16

Review: The I Believe Bunny

Tish Rabe's The I Believe Bunny is a hardcover children book and it happens to be my very first children book to be added to my library. That gives you a hint that I don't have much experiences in comparison of children books, or perhaps that allows me to give a more objective review on the book itself.

As I am quite particular about what my child will read and receive, theological soundness is what I will look for even in children books. And I am glad to say that the whole book is birthed out of Philippians 4:13, "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." It doesn't take a genius to figure that out, as it is stated in the beginning of the book. :)

In short, the story is about a bunny who relies on God to rescue a mouse from a river. Sounds simple? But as you would to John Bunyan's The Pilgrim Progress, there are various dimensions of the book that we can focus on by taking on the perspective of the other characters in the book other than the bunny, For example, we can learn about helping a friend in need (from the perspective of bunny's friends) and not be desperate in critical situations (from the perspective of the mouse) etc.

The illustrations are also colorful but not overly bright for the eyes. The size of the book is ideal for children. And I like the words chosen for the story as well because they rhythms. Overall, it is a good selection to be added into any library, though I think that children books should generally be much cheaper.

This review is part of Thomas Nelson’s Book Review Blogger program, of which I have received a free review copy.

0 comments: