headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16

I’ve Come to Realize

Tonight among Your people
I’ve come to realize
A lesson I’ve been slow to understand
You’re asking me to love them
You’re calling me to die
To lay my life down like the Son of Man

It seems that all I’ve asked You for
Is a comfortable life
Now your Blessing has become a sedative
So like Abraham with Isaac
You’ve handed me the knife
Do I love You Lord or just the Gifts You give?

Well I pray that today has been the very last time
That I play with Your Way
And treat your Kingdom like a pastime
Lord it cost You everything to set the captives free
And I really want to follow You
I beg You to use me

How could I be so foolish
And remain a single seed
When Jesus came to serve not to be served
And why does it surprise me
That my life is full of weeds
As if I’ve gotten less than I deserved

Well I’m through with living for myself
It only causes strife
I’m through with justifying who I am
Because I really love You
I want to lose my life
For the SAINTS of GOD
And for the Murdered LAMB

And I SAY that today
Has been the very LAST time
That I play with Your way
And treat your Kingdom like a pastime
Lord it cost you everything to set the captives free
And I really want to follow You
I beg You please use me

"I tell you the truth, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies..." John 12:24.

What does it take for you, or for me, to look deeply into our own hearts and to be honest enough to face the deep need for Jesus and for change? He is MESSIAH... for those that live knowing they are "poor in spirit." The "healthy" don’t see their need for Him, you know?

He does His most intimate and important things when, like Bartimaeus, we are willing to jump up and down and shout, "Son of David! Over here, over HERE!!"

0 comments: