Recently, I was delightfully surprised when I found out that my wife was reading one of my books titled "The Priesthood of All Believers" by Milt Rodriguez for at least 3 consecutive days, something that happen only once in a blue moon! I suppose that gives you a hint or two about the type of books that I am collecting over the past years. :)
But, the most amazing, awesome and miraculous thing that happened today is that she emailed me 10 insights she gathered after reading the book! Something that happens only after the blue moon appears twice (I hope you get the point already). And I am thoroughly impressed by the fact that she wrote all of them without looking at the book, which is evidence that one has grasped the essence to be able to communicate the essence in one’s own terms.
So here are her 10 insightful insights in the exact original order (don’t ask me why that order), with friendly revision from her most faithful and loyal editor at your service.
1. God's eternal purpose is about the fullness of Jesus Christ.
2. Our ultimate goal as the followers of Christ is not about having eternal fire insurance in order to enter heaven after our departure from this earth.
3. Intense activities such as bible studies, preaching of the Gospel, doing evangelism and helping the needy are not the means and ways to produce spiritual fruits or to reach God in a greater measure. They are merely the results of a life centered in Christ and can only be led by God's Spirit alone. Apart from the Spirit, they are all man-made effort.
4. The present church practices don’t allow the Body of Christ to function as a whole. Neither do they allow Christ to be in control or to express His Headship.
5. All believers is Christ’s body and every individual believer is to express that “portion“ of Christ in him or her, in order to edify one another and to express the fullness of Christ.
6. God's eternal purpose is about Christ being all in all. Only principles of church life as revealed in the New Testament would enable His purpose to be expressed in a very practicable and operational manner.
7. Life should always precede form.
8. Expression of life cannot be copied. The expression of church life will take care of itself when we have the Christ as our Life.
9. God's spiritual law is love. It is the unconditional love demonstrated by Jesus Christ Himself alone.
10. We do not need to deny trials and temptations in our lives for they are indeed God's way of training us. The purpose of the training is so that we will be possessed by His divine love and to also possess His love in our walk with Him. Spiritual warfare will also become ‘nothing’ if we are truly one with God's Spirit. We would be able to shake them off just as Paul threw the snake into the fire with ease as recorded in Acts.
Should We Baptize the Dead?
2 hours ago