headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Alright, let me confess that I did not attend the second session of the conference by D. A. Carson. For what reason if you will to ask me, I overslept and there goes my $15. However, I made it to the group at the east with my wife (Yes, we both overslept! But she had a valid reason as she was working night shift the day before), despite being fairly late. This asides, what I want to share is the following.

While I was travelling on the MRT a couple of days back then, I saw the usual logo (posted above) and something struck me while I pondered over the picture of that pregnant woman. As I studied it, it came to my mind that there's another life in the woman. It is two in one! Sounds unimpressive? But I could not help but be amazed at the fact that God lives in us and us in Him. How is that possible for an infinite God to dwell in numerous finite beings? No mind can fathom the deep things of God, but I know that to be true for my faith had taught me well. What a great mystery! A life within a life. and we are hidden in Christ according to the Scripture. Because we are joined in Him, we are one new Man, though we are many. How much more glorious is the mystery of the Triune God, for He is Three-in-One! Praise be to the One worthy of our praises. Amen.

0 comments: