headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Korean Christian Hostages

I think God's grace is indeed evident in the recent release of the hostages. Honestly, I thought they would have became victims under international politics when the news first broke out. Though I was a little disturbed when the news reported that one of the hostages actually broke down when communicating to the external parties because I think they should have been mentally prepared, I also understand that I would not know how I would react if put under the same situation. Thank God that most of them can make it back. Thank God also for the others who were recalled back.

On hindsight, I think God wants to teach all of us some lessons. And one of the lessons that God impressed upon me strongly is to count the cost if we are serious in the business of following Jesus. Don't rush into His works if we are not prepared to pay the price, which is costly most of the time. I think this principle of discipleship is applicable to all areas of our lives and ministries, not a monopoly of missionaries only. In fact, I feel if those brethren would bravely stand up and die a glorious martyrdom, I would have no doubt that more missionaries will be pouring into the door of that dark land. But, are we willing?

0 comments: