headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
In That Dream...

I saw that my mum is re-marrying and I got so work up that she's leaving my brother and myself. I woke up finding myself perspiring profusely...

What was that dream all about, I asked myself after I woke up. And it dawns on me that this is but a reflection of my own sense of insecurity. At what length did God go, to remind me of my own weaknesses? Surely, I am not blind to the fact that I am far, way too far from perfection, but how often do we desire to fool ourselves into believing that our lives are all fine and there is nothing wrong with us? Did we not once try to walk the christian rites and pretend that we passed everything with aces and had God's scholarship to the heavenly college? How naive we are before our Holy God.

But if we are honest and sincere about our shortcomings, there is a foretaste of heavenly joy in the freedom to be imperfect before God. After all, we would be God if we are as perfect as Him is. It is as Paul wrote, for when I am weak, then am I strong. In our own imperfection, we found the perfect solace in God's perfection. So let us confess that we are a mess and will make a mess out of our lives, when we live apart from Him. O God, we need You more than ever. May You teach us to be truthful to who we really are - bad rotten apples deep down inside our souls, and grant us courage to stand before You as one who desires and is in need of salvation.

The following passage was recalled after that dream, which instructs us to confess our heavy laden sins, in exchange for His reassuring and consolatory joy.

"V7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. V8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. V9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. V10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives." ~ 1 John 1:7-10

0 comments: