headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Will be attending a friend's wedding at Wesley Methodist tomorrow afternoon. And in me is a mixed feeling towards it. First of all, I am really glad that my friend and brother in Christ will be settling down, and my heartiest congrats to the couple. However, as I know my friend (and another brother whom I got to know both during university days) is presently pursing his theological studies and will graduate to be a pastor, which something which I do not agree with, there's thus this feeling of strangeness in my heart. And not to mention "going to church" again, which I wonder how long have I not been to such a one till now.

Having said that, I do respect one's choice in his belief and practices and would not force my view upon others, but would rather God to convince others Himself. Nevertheless, I wonder how it would be like to meet up with old friends, who are now obviously in contrasting positions of their belief, especially when the majority has not yet fully comprehend the issue at hand. I suppose there certainly would be some tension, no matter how small the degree, but may God help us all, and in Christ we love one another.

1 comments:

zhang ting said...

dear brother, u r really a very very kind brother in Jesus Christ.because u care ur sisters & brothers so much. thank u. and i hope i can like u one day. and im trying.