headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Last week, I accompanied my wife to visit one of her patients who was sent down to ICU (Intensive Care Unit) from the ward. Needless to say, the situation is dangerous and he might go anytime. I also understood from my wife on our way walking there, that this man (her patient) has not yet received Christ into his life, though he did come across the gospel but choose to ignore it on the ground of fatalism (he believes that his life is destined to be in hardship). He was already unconscious when we visited him, and looking at all the tubes, particularly the one that was inserted into his throat through an opening for the purpose of draining out excess blood to prevent choking, over his body can easily be a nauseous scene. He couldn't speak a word, and I doubt he could hear even a word, nevertheless we prayed for him, hoping that he would hear us in his spirit. Well, and I thought what a poor man he was (single, staying in a 1-room flat and lived on charity), and all the more what if he didn't hear our prayers for him and thus didn't receive Jesus Christ, the source of our spiritual fullness? And as I looked look around in the ICU, I saw a lot of other patients in critical conditions. In my heart, I know this is the fragility of mankind that I witnessed this day, and we need to come back to God whenever we can, lest we wasted the opportunity when we can.

0 comments: