headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
I certainly have no clear ideas what God is trying to say through our circumstances, but just this morning, I received with grief of the news that the mum of an older sister to whom my family is indebted to, was hospitalized after felling twice and in the midst of operation just as I am penning this. This old lady whom I also know in person, is a very loving grandmother and has often shown us her affections whenever we visited her. I simply could not appreciate the thought that the Lord will to take her home soon, yet I know that considering the fact that she is already well advanced in her age, any surgery could claim her life, not to mention cutting an opening on the head to insert a permanent shunt for the purpose of draining out fluid from the brain. Rationalistically speaking, even if she will to recover, I doubt her mental faculty could function as well as before, and perhaps the surgery might even shorten her life. Right now, we can only pray unto God for His healing hand..

0 comments: