headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Oh well, finally I am back home after the two weeks trip to Harbin, China. Let just say, it is beyond my expectations to find Harbin a very well developed zone than I previously thought. Although most people would usually associate Harbin with winter, snow and ice sculpturing, there is something seductively attractive in the dazzling summer Harbin. Wide roads, long streets, never ending highways and tall buildings are all hallmarks of the modernized Harbin. One could say that there is a sense of majesty in the air, probably created by the very landscape itself. Nevertheless, even the client conceded that this time round is one of the hottest summers in Harbin for these few years. Glad I had the opportunity to experience this microwave experience.

Accommodation wise, as in all pre-IPO projects, I was given the best hotel in that district. In fact, the Hong Kong superstar, Cheng Long (成龙) even held a charity concert on one of the first few nights after I touched ground. The 19th storey view was already quite impressive though they could go as high as 40th storey. What's more fascinating is the fact that I was entitled to the twin sharing room all to myself alone for the whole trip, and there was unlimited access to the Internet. So much so for the accommodation, in short, I think it was superb, except for the minor dissatisfaction that I don't like their daily morning buffet. Probably because I could never get use to their kind of food, even their western ones.

For lunches and dinners, the client always brought us out for meals, less the couple of times we ordered KFC to save time traveling. Sometimes, you would wonder why do they always order a lot of dishes when probably we could only finished a portion of it. Another common phenomenon is that they drink alcoholic beverages like drinking mineral water. In fact, one would have to follow their footsteps if one is really serious about making their money. But anyway, since I am only working on behalf of someone else, I manage to decline all the drinks offers, though I have seen quite a lot of drunkards thus far. May God touch them and change their values.

Anyway, this trip is quite an eye opener for me, and I think I have seen more politics and personal relationship problems materialized more than ever. May God bless them all, amen!

0 comments: