headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Come to think of it, how many months have passed since I started this current job? What so great about auditing? Do I really like it? What have I learnt from it so far? Perhaps these are some general questions a graduate could ponder over after working for some months.

But for myself, I don't really like auditing. That's not to say that I can't live with it, especially when it is a matter of livelihood. If you have not grasped what I said in the previous sentence, I meant to say that we got to grab any, and I meant any, job out there for bread issue. So it doesn't matter if I like auditing or not, as long as it allows me to have sufficient food and shelter for living. It may sound like dragging my feet to work, but neither does it means that I am simply being parasitical to the firm. We would still have to do our best in everything we do, firstly for the Lord's sake and not for men.

Insofar, auditing in my level is really about doing what your supervisors requested, instead of what you want to do. Basically we are just extended hands and legs for the supervisors. I figure unless we are talking about the management level in auditing, one hardly had any say or judgment call to make during the audit procedures. I am not painting a picture whereby there's no room for flexibility, but one that's limited. But I guess, in the business of auditing, there's really not much tolerance for risks taking in letting the senior, not to mention the junior, staff take the driver seat. Perhaps we could have use for more upgrading courses for the staff.

Anyway, I am already gladful that I could read the minutes of christian organizations, see the details of the salaries and what their ministries are, not to mention taking note of how some money have been squandered on some useless stuff with "justifications". Maybe after I got myself into the audit team for a few of the mega churches here, in order to see what actually happens on the ground, I would leave the firm for another to widen my experience.

But hey, as far as I know, the government's compensation is still the best than the average commercial firm. Perhaps, I should steer starboard towards the iron rice bowl provided by the government. Afterall, being a civil servant have much benefits in terms of everything, even housing. Anyone?

0 comments: