headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
It may be amazing to some here, but as I stood in Tecman browsing through some of Watchman Nee's books, the guy next to me asked if I read a lot of his books. I was a little surprise that someone would actually talk to another stranger in a bookstore other than the sales person. Having read Watchman Nee's books, I know that that question might lead to something more significant. It's no other than the issue of ecclesiology. Truly indeed, the conversation soon led me to discover that he meets at home with other believers on sunday. What's more is that they are meeting at a location that's relatively near to my house, and mandarin is their primary means of communication during their meetings. And as a matter of fact, I have been looking for chinese house churches, in hope that we can link up with the couple of english ones that I know of. At the end of the day, we exchanged numbers and emails. Thank God for providing such a wonderful arrangement to meet another such brethren. God has His timing for everything. Amen.

0 comments: