headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Having started work since the first day of June, I have not once shared my faith in a direct and open manner. I figured it would be better to work on the technical aspect of work and building bridges first before anything else. Thank God that I am still surviving there, standing on both my feet for it's almost reaching the end of my probation period. And praise God that some of them know I am a follower of Christ. But what really surprised me recently is that my colleague, who happened to the batch of students graduating from NTU this year, asked if I am a christian. Our conversation switched its focus towards the faith and soon I found out that he is a catholic, despite a born catholic. A born catholic means that one is born into a family of catholics. Not a very firm catholic, in my opinion, as he still smokes and admitted he hardly reads the bible. Nevertheless, looking beyond the deviation of catholic teachings, as many catholics are usually not aware of it, I shared about my mum's testimony. Obviously, he doesn't have much exposures and interactions that he went, "Wah~". Hopefully, he will start to seek God in his life, knowing that a born catholic is as good as not born, and that he will have to seek God outside the catholic church, in the Scripture alone. Well, glory to Him alone.

0 comments: