headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
For how long have I not been blogging? Days? Months? Or even years?? Did any one miss me? Did anyone visit this barren piece of dusty rock? Or are everything simply the same as before? Whatever it is, truth is I don't usually blog for other people, what you read here are simply thoughts of my own to myself primarily.

A little update on myself will be helpful, I thought. And yes, it will naturally be starting from work. I wonder if you realize that I have worked for two months ever since I started working? It has always been tough and especially so when I am doing tax computation recently. Little did they realize that tax has always been taxing on me. Frankly, I don't really like what I am doing now and the salary I drawn to pay my ever piling bills, is what makes me stay currently.

But still, I thank God for bringing me to this firm where I have access to the financial statements of a couple of megachurches here. It does helps deepened my conviction against the institutionalized christianity.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

God placed us all where we are for a reason. We may not see it now, but there is always a reason. Maybe all you need to be is a like a tree planted where you are and provide shade to those around you.

You need not be a bright shining lamp-post or a giant sign pointing upwards. A tree that provides shade blesss those around it and causes people to always look up to see why...

Elvin said...

Honestly, I don't see the connection between being a shade and choosing a career. Being a shade is a lifelong issue, and it doesn't require one to stay put in a certain zone. If there's a better place to go to, why stay in the old muddy waters? Unless one is really led by the Lord that one ought to stay put, we shouldn't make that the norm.

If there is any reason why God led me to this current firm, it is nonetheless to open my eyes towards this monstrosity called institutionalized christianity. And I know this purpose has been fulfilled.

I appreciate those who showered concerns for me in regards to my work. But i am alright truly, whichever career I am in, it's just something to keep me living. I draw my joy from the stream within and watering others.