headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
I am not too sure if having the privilege to look through the financial statements of big local churches is a blessing.. All I can say is that I am utterly disappointed when I examined those figures. A couple of people are amazingly overpaid as christian workers, and I really question the use of those huge reserves when I look under the reserves. Surprisingly, mission related expenses generally constitute a small percentage of the overall expenses, which I wonder why??

Are we in fact giving our money blindly to the churches under the glorious name of tithing, if it was ever biblical? The most irresponsible statement I ever heard is this, "When we give, we give to God and we shouldn't be bothered about how the funds are administered because God will deal with them (those who are accountable for)." Perhaps this is just an act of irresponsibility or even an excuse to say that, "I have done my christian duty." At any rate, I do hope that God will shake those churches and christians up from the slumps.

If God has a purpose in bringing me to my current employer, I am sure God has opened my eyes and deepened my conviction that the present sunday church structure is seriously questionable and unbiblical! May God restore us back to the spiritual age of the early Church.

0 comments: