headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Well, exams have passed for a week!! Let's hope that I will not be required to retake any of the modules. Whew, finally gone are the days of dozing off in freezingly cold lecture halls or boringly dead tutorial rooms. Freeman, a freeman at last! Or is it that free afterall? A transformation, transition or metamorphosis as you would name it, it is merely another stage of life where exam stress translates to bread and butter issues and bosses came along bossing you instead of walking mummies. Laughing it off, but it's really hard to live in it.

If finding/changing jobs can be as easy as becoming knight or wizard in RPGs, life might have been so much easier. "No news mean good news" is never an applicable quote for job seeker like me at this stage of life. I think the only only comfort is when the HR manager does not call up and punch you in your face sneering that your resume is lousily written!! Anyway, if waiting is a virtue, you bet being unemployed and having bills piling up is sure hell on earth.

Will a job drop from the sky like free mana during the days of the Israelites? Highly unlikely, but God's grace is not doubted. The best part in applying for jobs, is that I can't state my degree status, otherwise it will aid me alot as people would prefer to see some indicators of your performance in school. And that means that I would have to wait till the results are out, if I am going to apply for GLCs or any similar capacity. Wait? Hard one it is...

Besides, let me just say I am not financially capable after being approach by the third short term missionary. In any case if I have or will be transfering fund to you, thank God and not me. And for those who are contemplating of approaching me, I would just have to beg your pardon.

2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Thank heart and trust that God has a job planned for you. He will open the doors for you, but I believe you have to look and seek for guidance and discernment in choosing.

Know that I will pray for you to be led in this. Trust in Him with all your heart, mind and strength and let him take the reins of your life, and your path will not only be straight, but assured. Take care.

Elvin said...

Thanks, Jef...