headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Saturday was a long day for me... I woke up at around 7:00am and dragged myself down to Swiss for BB. But it was fun to watch those boys running around again. In fact, I am really glad to see some of the old faces! Cold jokes from someone of them as usual... And I also wonder who was the one spreading news about the ring I am wearing! Can you imagine some of the boys flooding you with questions about your marriage, and whether you would invite them?! I can't help asking myself if they will be so persistence in their studies...

Anyway, I had a short CE session with a small group of boys. What makes my heart warm is what Fleetpaw wrote in his blog: "I wouldn't mind coming back as an officer next time and teach CE like Elvin." I am sure my session wasn't very interesting and I hope he doesn't refer to how I conduct the session. In any case, it makes everything worthwhile just to inspire another young one. I guess that's the joy of serving the younger ones, isn't it?

I too grabbed the opportunity to talk to the new teacher-in-charge for BB, who happened to be teaching chinese in Swiss. Enquired about his experiences as a chinese teacher, compensation plan and opinions on the issue of education on the whole as well. Sure it was interesting talking to him. And I manage to exchange contact number with him. Perhaps, someday I might just need to consult him if MOE ever wants me as a chinese teacher. =)

Went down to church in the early noon, to undergo a simple training on operating the AV system in church. Basically we got only three systems in that small building. One in the main hall, another for the chinese ministry and the last one on the first level mainly used for baptism purposes. At the end of the day, I finally make sense out of the complicated mixer with all the different buttons and levers everywhere. I had the chance to try the system out when the chinese worship team for this sunday was rehearsing. It is pretty cool to be able to handle those seemingly tough machines.

Thank God that I was also able to have a short interaction with the person in charge of drawing up the roster for the chinese worship services. I told her my views about the running of the current system, the challenges faced by the worship team as a whole and offered some improvement plans as well. Hopefully those feedbacks will be seriously taken into account as we progress throughout this year. A lesson learnt is that some things cannot be rushed.

Stayed till around 9:00pm in the night as the church was having an advanced chinese new year celebration. I was merely helping with the karaoke system during the night as they were holding a karaoke contest. And I must comment that it is better for us to realize our capability, instead of making a fool out of ourselves on stage. Some of the contestants really can't sing, and with all the distorted frequency waves being amplified, it was sure a blast of noises. They have good entertaining values though... Not to mention that a lot of people turn up for this function, though most of them were the PRCs. Thank God for them all.

Last but not least, I went to pick up my wife from her work after I left church. And we went for a late dinner together. Sure it is always a pleasure to be besides her. Sometimes I just wish, desire, or perhaps crave is an even better word to describe the inner feeling of wanting to stay together with her. How nice will it be, to hold hands and walk back home together without the need to separate? If only resources allow, we could have been able to afford staying together sooner. Well, I guess we just got to take steps in materializing this desire of our hearts. May God help us.

0 comments: