headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
While I was closing my letter box, I suddenly realized that one of the letter boxes close to mine was left open. And I decided to inform the owner of the unit about it. Next moment I found myself before a huge door secured tightly by a massive iron gate. The bell seemed to be spoilt after I attempted to press it for a couple of times and the iron gate prevent me from knocking at the seemingly fragile wooden door. Knowing that I can't be of further help back there, I headed home...

I have decided to give myself to the chinese ministry at this point in time. Maybe God has called my family for this purpose as he has put similar burdens in each and everyone of us in regards to serving in the chinese ministry, after looking at it for some months. Much can be done and has to be done as this ministry starts to grow, but there is little progress seen. Perhaps, the pastor-in-charge needed more help. Guess I will have to arrange for a visitation to his house, which is only the block next to mine, with my whole family to talk over the matters and understand from him his perspective of the chinese ministry.

Dear Father, I am sorry if I have been lukewarm to the chinese ministry, be it intentionally or unintentionally through my actions, because I am still swaying in between the instituted Church and the House Church model of church life. But since You put me and my family there at this point in time and opened our eyes to the many needs of this ministry, just as You let me noticed the left-opened-letter box, may You give me and my family the strength and burden to continue this ministry by taking ownership of it and co-working with the pastor-in-charge. I don't know what we can achieve, perhaps we might even fail or be disappointed at the end of the day just like the door I knocked which no one replied, but what truly matters is that we have tried. I am not too sure if it's Your way of leading us out of the instituted Church to the House Church, but at least I feel we should give it a try so that if we are to leave, we leave with confidence. Father, may You help us and grant us wisdom and unity as we seek to tune up this ministry. Spare us the complications from human relationships and guide us along the way, drawing many more into this ministry. Revival comes from You alone, so help us Lord, for apart from You there is none other who is able. We pray this in the most high name of Your Son, Jesus Christ.

Perhaps I should take a look at the letter box tomorrow...

0 comments: