headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Went to attend a wedding dinner, of a sister from the cell, yesterday night. It is fun to see so many different people there, but surely I feel kind like out of place last night when I reached there. Perhaps it's because I don't really know any early birds there and my dressing is bit out of tune with theirs. I guess that further isolated myself from them psychologically.

The funny thing is that a brother from PPH approached me, and he knows my name when I don't know him and have not taken notice of him in PPH. Maybe I have seen him before but surely it is not one of deep impression. Anyway, I suppose a lot of people know me in PPH when I don't know them, all due to my inability to socialize and poor ability to match the names with faces.

Naturally, we chatted a little and soon I found out that he just came back to Singapore for close to four years. Previously, he went to Japan for about three years because his wife is working there. And their elder child is only 3 years old when they are married for almost a full ten years period. Oh well, I think I just discovered myself to take interest in other people family issues last night. The overall impression he gave me was that he is a very cheerful man and later as I asked my cell leader about him, she further confirmed my view about him.

Anyway, this same brother was very quick in introducing me to the former pastor of PPH who is now serving in another church, and I got no chance to excuse myself. So after about 3 years in PPH, I finally got the chance to talk to the previous pastor face to face, as I only heard him preached once since he had already left PPH when I went. Well, sure he is one nice folk to talk to and I find him rather friendly because he was joking around with those around him.

Soon, I started to spot my cell people and am glad to catch up with a sister who used to attend our cell. I know you are reading this as well, just wish to say thanks for all the conversations and that one particular thing that you disclosed to me, which I wouldn't put it down here in case you desire privacy.

At any rate, whether was it the conversations that I had with this sister, or those that I heard from the cell people sitting around me, they seems to be shouting that life is uncertain and so are relationships. Particularly, one recurring topic is engagement. I could still remember the different opinions from those who conversed about it. One say that it is a declaration of the seriousness of being together, and another expressed that anything can happen in the future and the two who got engaged might end up not being together.

But what is interesting to me is that these two seemingly extreme and opposite opinions are from a pair of husband and wife. I really wonder what is on each of their minds when they themselves are in a relationship with each other. However, personally, I feel that trust is the key to relationships. To love, trust and have faith in each other to honor the marriage covenant from the bottom of our hearts is everything that makes a good union. I guess this is the same for our relationships with God.

Interestingly, I was observing the reactions and behaviors of a brother sitting in our table last night since he explicitly expressed that he like the bride in the past. I don't wish to speculate much here, but if indeed he still harbors some feelings for the bride, I guess last night might be quite painful for him and I can identify to that quite easily. Hopefully over the years, God has opened his heart. May God help him in his life journey.

0 comments: