headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Some people spend thousands of dollars to learn a lesson or two through courses, but I have learnt a lot just in this short duration of about a week. And I thank God for this God-given opportunity.

One brother once mentioned that we ought to expect spiritual attacks from the enemy's camp if we are doing God's work. If there's none, we ought to suspect if we are doing anything in accordance to the will of God, for even the enemy takes no interest in obstructing what we are doing. I think I re-learn this valuable lesson as I got myself into depressions lately for small issue to many, but a big one in my view or perhaps I imagine it to be too big an issue. It's obviously one channel through which the enemy wants to cripple us in our services for God. Should we then let the enemy have his way? But then, even knowing what we ought to do isn't tantamount to being able to do what we know that we should do, especially when it involves a whole lot of our emotions. And the enemy just know too well where to lay his snares for us. It's then all about asking and drawing strength from Him who is our God, the Lord.

I have a revelation from God while writing a letter which God opened my eyes to these two chinese characters, "穷" and "谅". I was reassured that confession by mouth is the first step to path of forgiveness as seen by the left part of the word "谅". Be it the one asking to be forgiven or the one being asked to forgive, we need to express it verbally. And for the first time it came to my mind about how strange the character "穷" got a "力" in it? We may be poor physically, mentally, financially or spiritually, but still it is when we are poor, are we able to find strength and rejoice in God. For in poverty there is strength to support us through. Thank God for His revelation through the chinese characters. I supposed if I have decided not to write that letter, I would have missed these treasures that God intended to teach me.

Just for reflection, sometimes I find preachers nowadays lack power in their preachings. No no, I don't mean healing power or that people are being slained by the Spirit as they speaks, neither am I power hunger. What I meant is power that can be evident in our daily lives. Power that is lives-transforming, in short. They may be good orators and we might even sense God's presence as they speaks, but still, is that temporary power sustainable outside the church service? What's the point if we can be so touched during the church service but has not witnessed any transformations in our daily living? Sometimes, when truth is preached like any other concepts without basing it on the preachers' conviction and experience, it simply lacks power. Lest till one went through suffering, can one claim the rights to preach joy in suffering. I feel the best preacher is one who preaches his heart out, with the emotions that come with it. But preaching is two folds, with the one speaking and the other listening. May God give us a humble heart to receive His Word for faith comes by hearing His Word.

0 comments: