headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Just went out with my two primary school friends whom I am still in contact with. As usual, one of them insist giving the other two of us a treat, as if he's rich though... Well, we decided to slip in some money into his carrier after our dinner, since we know he wouldn't take the money if given directly. But still, he managed to find that extra cash while parting and chase us to return back the money. I just couldn't help but think that he's too sensitive a guy to even perform an equipment check back then while departing...

Met another two of my primary school friends while having our dinner... What a small world it is. But I have no idea since when they are a couple, and the lady got to really pardon me because I got no idea who she is. And to mention that she was my primary school classmate is like telling me I found my real mum, it's hard to conceive. Anyway, perhaps next time we might cross path again.

Was helping out with some decorations for the Christmas Block Party at Teban Garden yesterday. It was successful in terms of the number of residents who attended the party, not to mention the huge number of Muslims. It was also the first time to have her with me throughout the day for such event as this. Her presence is indeed comforting as the day is long. I am also impressed by her skill at solving those chinese lantern riddles organized by one of our game stalls. And was glad to see and talk to my former student and his mum who came down for the event too.

Went out with her to attend someone's birthday a couple of days ago, whom I have never met before. It was a PRC friend's sister's birthday, sounds complicated but it's not. Anyway, I think throughout the session, I saw another side of the china chinese which was also her idea of exposing me to these things. Some of the way they talked, acted and the content of their conversation are really... Yes they are nice folks, but still I see no wisdom in their lives, a void in their lives.. Maybe it's just a cultural thing, but I do think it's a matter of personal character and knowing God. Anyway, may God help those people who need Him but has not come to Him yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey... it's just a treat only lah... just my way of showing thanks to both of u who have keep this friendship going. i'm just happy to have both of you as my buddies since childhood, as both of u made my childhood a happy and memorable one. As for the sensitive thing... hm... sensitive no good meh...? haha... just meticulous on my part lah.

Mr U-know-who

Elvin said...

Hehe, I wonder what we did to give you a happy childhood? But anyway, thanks for everything and I am glad to have you as a buddy since childhood. Thank God for you!