headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Hmm... Someone asked me to do some blogging, you know who you are... Maybe, next time I should charge you... Oops..

Well, I went down for the Mentors briefing at Salvation Army in Bishan last Monday. There were indeed a lot of people but there could be much more, perhaps some prefered not to turn up. My fiancee was sharing before the audience that night about how the mentoring concept has benefited her. Hmm.. That makes me wonder how come all the women in my family often gets to share their testimonies up on stage before huge crowd, especially my mum. Anyway, it's a rather special feeling to see her sharing before the audience, which I can't aptly describe it. But sure, I am proud of her and thankful to God because He first led us to Him, before leading us to each other. We took a ride from her mentor's car back home that night. To my surprise, another person was free riding with us, that made up a total of four people in a nice cozy vehicle. And this person, an old lady, is one of the pioneers that started St. Luke Hospital in her first five years. I think I have met someone high up there that night, but when I saw her running across the road after alighting, she seemed just like an ordinary old lady to me. Hmm.. Oh well, I guess a simple faith calls for a simple person but awesome works..

0 comments: