headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
"But up till tis point of time, I still firmly believe in one thing:-Its better to find someone who loves you more than u love him." ~ Pondering Pot

I got this from Miss Pot's new blog. It isn't the first time I heard this comment, but I really wonder who started it? On the appearance, I think we are tempted to think this way. Afterall, who doesn't want to be loved in exchange for a lesser love for others. In any economic sense, it's a better deal. But I feel the greatest motivation to feel this way, is the natural inclination to protect ourselves from hurts. We are afraid to give and at the end of the day find out that our giving are in vain and amount to nothing. I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but this is how I feel. Instead, I am more inclined to say that it is better to be of a mutual love, of roughly the same degree, in any relationships. That's more equally yoked, isn't it? I meant, if everyone thinks that way as per the first statement, I think there can be no existence of any relationships, because everyone is waiting to receive love. At any rate, I think when we decide for ourselves to reserve a little bit of our parts, it will fail because love calls for us to put in whatever we have without reservation. I am contended to say that unless we learn how to love, we don't deserve to be loved. And thank God that by His grace, He loves us while we are still so unloving.

0 comments: