headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
"hm... elvin i dunno how to say this ( but from a strictly worldly view ) its not good for a couple to go as fast as you seem to be going... hey i'm not nagging you or anything, just want to know if you give it enough thought... but i'm sure you do... sometimes i wish i could be as sure as you on such things..."

Whoever told me this, you know who you are. I just wish to let you know that I really appreciate your concern. Seriously, I am a conservative person and is highly risk adverse in nature. I wouldn't attempt to do something unless I am sure it will work. But faith calls for a difference. It is to boldly trust in God's promises and unfailing love even if circumstances point towards a different direction. The crux is, "Dare we trust?" I am assured by God in regards to this relationship since day number one. It therefore matters not to me whether we will be together at the end of the day, but rather, how we will run this race of faith together. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I don't have doubts at times when all things seems to fail you. But we do know where the source of doubts are from! And they are definitely not from God. As a matter of a fact, we can jolly well still doubt about our marriages after twenty years have passed. In short, God is my only assurance in regards to my marriage. For without Him, I will be more doubtful, suspicious and skeptical towards relationship, as any ordinary couples will be. If at any point in time, I have impressed upon you that faith in God is the only element that keeps a healthy relationship going, I thank God because it has always been our prayer that this precious marriage between Xiao Juan and myself will be a difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question: Did you announce your impending arriage and I missed it?

-Jeff

Elvin said...

Answer: I thought I always put it acrossed that I see this relationship as marriage from the start, did you miss that?