headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
We celebrated my brother's birthday yesterday evening! Time is flying, he is now already 11 years old. Come to think of it, I was only 12 years old when God gave him into my family! Whatever it is, he sure is growing... And I am getting older... O_0 The celebration was done in my grandmother's house and all my aunts and cousins came back for the occasion.

But what's special for everyone present is that I brought Xiao Juan along. It was kind of strange for me to bring her to meet my family members though, as it was the first time I brought a single woman home. Nevertheless, I wonder why I didn't feel any immense discomfort or anything close to that, when we are together over my grandmother's place.

However, it was sure fun to watch some of their reactions towards Xiao Juan and I getting together. One of my cousins commented to my brother that I am "capable" or "很行" because I got a girl friend now, which I really want to laugh after hearing that! Another commented to her mum that Xiao Juan and I isn't a good match in appearance. Which I haven't got the chance to tease her by saying that she should look into the mirror as well before she talks! Haha.. And guess what my brother commented? He commented that she has only modest figures... Oh well, what happens to kids these days? Haha...

Okay okay, you have been hearing the comments of my cousins, so what about the adults? What did they say? The truth is that they didn't interact much with Xiao Juan, because they wish to leave us alone for fear that they will make her uneasy if they all flock to her. Nevertheless, my grandmother remarked that appearance isn't that important compared to character. And she directed that to Xiao Juan and my aunts as well, really wonder what she was trying to communicate! Somemore, she commented that Xiao Juan will be my mum's daughter-in-law... Haha... Guess she really kind of like Xiao Juan already! Furthermore, most of them agreed that Xiao Juan looks like my smallest aunt in her younger days. Well, I suppose that is an advantage for us? Hehe...

At the end of the day when I managed to ask my mum for her opinion, she didn't comment much. All she commented was, " Even if I will to object to this relationship, that couldn't change your mind about Xiao Juan, right?" I guess she knows all along that we are serious. After all, if God convicts both of us to stay together, how much more will He convict all those around us, especially those in this big family of His. May those who have not come to know Christ, know about Him through this relationship. Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting blog entry!
- miss pot

Elvin said...

Erm... you mean this is the ONLY interesting entry? >_<

Anonymous said...

Nice to read your blog after a million years, when i finally have a little break.

haha... good to hear about SOMETHING ! rather than general fuzzy stuff... keep it up elvin!

just that i'm posting this rather late, and its sad you didn't keep it up. I'm sure your family and friends said more stuff leh, I'm sure Xiao Juan also said more as well... wah lao...

oh well, you still can post this kinda thing later on! like now ! haha

anyway, good to know that you're ok elvin.

John (your fellow time-strangled dgmate)