headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Tuesday Night

A PRC friend whom I know through Xiao Juan invited us down to her place for her birthday celebration. We brought some mooncakes down as a gift that day. Sure it was fun to be with them and mind you, the food that she cooked was really, really salty for my taste... >_<

Totally disturbed by my tax tutor in regards to some things he cited as examples for some concepts. From his mouth, he spoke about the changing of the name of Abraham to Ibrahim, to illustrate the difference between the changing of form and the changing of substance. That was still quite okay and I thought he could be a christian to have such religious knowledge. But he went on to comment and illustrate using the Catholics, say wanting to hiring him for education the church on tax. I don't know if you get his point, but those well read in the religious circle will know what's he implying and pointing finger at...

He further gave another ridiculous example of the catholic church wanting him to be a celibate in exchange for his employment. I can't write all that he said down here, but he did "mock" at the "high" moral standard the catholic church is holding to in the use of his language. But that's besides the point. I am quite upset by the fact that the class seems to enjoy what he says evidenced by the laughters... And I doubt he ever thought that his examples might offend anyone of the above mentioned faith, or is it part of his objective to ridicule those of the faith openly in class? Only God knows... Hopefully, he will come to know God too someday...

Wednesday Noon

Went down to conduct another follow up session with the BB boys. What's disappointing is the fact that only one turn up, while the two who didn't turn up, didn't inform me... Whether it is intentional or unintentional is besides the point for I know that one of them was sick yesterday... It will be really disappointing from a human perspective. Yet, it was also a good chance to have a deeper talk with the boy who was present and I also got the chance to pray specifically for him. I do hope he will catch the fire someday and be ready to embrace this living faith!

Thursday Morning

Finally my AA304, Auditing, presentation is over! Hooray! T_T Now I have only got my PE, Tourism, presentation to worry about in additional to a couple of quizzes. God, please help me to make it through this semester... If I can make it through without the need to carry forward any modules, I will be very free in my last semester. Free to do other things that I long to do...

0 comments: