headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Since I have introduced Frank Viola's book, I though I might as well introduce this book titled, "游子吟". You can read it by clicking on the title. What's so interesting about this book is the fact that it is written by a Chinese, which you can read his profile below.

作者简介
  
本书作者里程,毕业于北京大学生物系。一九七八年入中国科学院研究生院学习,一九八一年获硕士学位。一九八二年赴美,一九八七年获密西根州立大学博士学位。先后在俄亥俄大学(Ohio University)和西方储备大学(Case Western Reserve University)工作。一九九三年後,在威斯康星医学院从事医学基础研究工作。
  

作者长期崇尚无神论和个人奋斗。在神的大爱的感召下,逐渐认识了基督教信仰是客观真理,遂决志信主,一九九二年复活节受洗。一九九七年蒙召,专职传道。已婚,现有一子一女。一九九八年,作者十岁的女儿决志、受洗;至此,全家四口都归在主的名下。蒙神引领,作者於一九九九年秋季,进入美国海外神学院学习,二零零一年夏天畢業。現任中國基督徒作家基金會專業作家及威斯康辛米城中華基督教會差傳牧師。

I was introduced to this book by my PRC mission team member back in Mission @ Backyard, and it is definitely a good read for us chinese. When I first introduced it to my mum, she doesn't seems to like it, but after picking up and reading it for a while, she's hooked! Not trying to do advertisement here, but it is sure a great resource for your own devotional or evangelism purposes. And for those who are seeking for the truth or would like to read up on the christian faith, this is one book on the cream of my recommended readings list! Be Blessed!

0 comments: