headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Let me update on Alpha before anything else...

Saturday 11:45am: Set out from home and on my way to Harbour Front MRT. Was thinking about having my lunch at the World Trade Centre then before I went to fetch the people from the pick up point.

Saturday 12:30pm: I can't imagine some of the people, majority whom are the nurses, reached there early and there went my lunch...

Saturday 1:00-1:30pm: The whole logistics procedure was in a big mess. Who's here? Who's not here? Where have they gone? Are they are here? Whew... It's going to kill me if I am going to do this kind of job more often! But thank God, all the twenty people including me from my side were ferried over to Sentosa safely.

Saturday 3:00-8:00pm: We had two sessions of Alpha with some breaks in between. The topic was primarily on "Who is the Holy Spirit?" and "The works of the Holy Spirit".

Saturday 8:00-9:00pm: Went to take a look at the Musical Fountain and returned back to the camp site for supper. The only part of the Musical Fountain I found entertaining is the part when the fire and water were both ejected to great height.

Saturday 9:00-10:30pm: Sneaked out to the beach alone and take a stroll there. Manage to climb up the Twin Observation Towers known to be the most southern part of the continent. The waves were huge and the breeze strong and cooling... It was as if one had came to the secret garden of God which only peace could be found. I took the opportunity to rest there in the midst of my hectic weeks... Thank God I am also able to share and chat with my love as well, for almost half an hour. Oh well, there goes my phone bill again...

Saturday 10:30pm-12:30am: Went back to eat supper again before going for my bath. And was exchanging smses with her before I slept. The air conditioner was rather effective for a run down camp site such as this...

Sunday 4:45-6:30am: Woke up at around five in the morning, went to bath before going to the beach again! I certainly love that place, if not for the crowd especially when the sky was getting brighter. The sound of the waves breaking the shores was just too wonderful. Thank God for His creation.

Sunday 6:30-8:00am: Took the time to have my breakfast and do some readings.

Sunday 8:00-11:00am: Started another session on Alpha followed by a longer than usual discussion. As most of the participants opted to leave early after watching the video, my group had only left with one apparent non-christian. But after much discussion, she was found to be a christian already and we did some topics like Assurance of Salvation to encourage her to walk closer to God. Thank God for her. There were also two sisters who responded to the altar call that morning. Praise the Lord!

Sunday 11:00-1:00am: Packed up the rooms and belongings before going for lunch. Left Sentosa after that.

Sunday 2:00-11:00pm: Waited for her straight after coming out of Sentosa and spending the rest of the day with her... It was slightly after the eleventh hour in the night when I reached home. Oh God, sure it was tired...

0 comments: