headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
I was sitting on the sofa while waiting for her in NUH today. People were walking passed me at the speed of light while I waited like tomorrow never comes. Yet, I find a strange picture forming in my eyes as I looked around... I find people pushing the prams with the babies inside, and I thought to myself, "Isn't it a wonderful occasion to see a new life on this earth?" In fact, I just came across this phrase that says something like this, "Children are the most valuable natural resources." I couldn't help but identify with the parents' joy of seeing a new life coming through them. But, at the same time, I saw old folks all round as well. Some are in the wheel chairs while others with the walking sticks... Seeing that, I can suddenly feel the full blow of death - the inevitable consequence of life on this earth. The fragility of man, no matter how we disguise ourselves, we can never escape the fate of dying... The picture of babies and old folks within my sight, now becomes a painting arousing mixed feeling... And next to me, were three men talking about investment. Yes, you didn't hear/see it wrongly! They were talking about investment right in the hospital... Hospital - a place full of remorse and grievances, now with the three men talking about investment, adds to the already confusing and bewildered atmosphere...

0 comments: