headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
I have decided to put down my schedule, commitment and my thoughts about them down here for view. I welcome all comments though it is primary for my own purpose of reflection and counting the goodness of God. And it may stretch for a couple of days...

For a starter, I will just put pen to epaper my commitments for the near future in relative order of importance as perceived by me...

Long Term Commitment

1. Family
2. Relationship
3. Friendship
4. Chinese Service Worship Leading
5. Boys' Brigade
6. Campus Crusade for Christ
7. Tuition @ Pasir Panjang Hill Community Centre
8. Studies @ Nanyang Technological University
9. Final Year Project

Short Term Commitment

1. National Bible Quiz
2. Chinese Alpha

Even while I am jotting these down, I do realized that my life has been thrown into a "mess" in recent days. There are a lot of ad hoc commitments coming up like the Chinese Alpha, National Bible Quiz and FYP; new pioneering project like the chinese service in church; a relationship with a God-given someone; starting of a new school semester etc... etc... And all these things happened around the same timing, God is sure "playing a big joke" on me.

There are only a few speculations as to what God is trying to do in my life:

H1: To impart a lesson of dependence on God.
H2: To impart a lesson of faith on God.
H3:
To impart a lesson of focusing of ministry.
H4: To impart a lesson of perseverance in ministries.

Though H1 and H2 are not mutually exclusive, it becomes a little more tricky when it comes to H3 and H4. Did God call me to focus on a particular ministry or to play a small part here and there in the lives of people, helping to complement other co-workers in the bigger picture of building lives? It's a hard one to answer, and for now I have no clearly defined answer. Or was it altogether a wrong thing to focus on a ministry because we ought to focus on lives, and lives are beyond the boundaries of ministries? For some reasons, I will really like to be a "free man" from rigid programs.

Warning: These are basically my unaudited thoughts and may be infiltrated with the Enemy's scheme. But may it serve the purpose of calling for a time of reflection. Above all, may God guide us into the Truth! Amen.

0 comments: