headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
A lot of things happened today. Actually something had been bugging me for a week. In fact, I was torn apart between devotion to God as a single and devotion to God as a family man. Unless you know God personally, you would never experience the same joy and purity that I have when my heart is fully devoted to Him and His works. Now that I got someone, the thought of me not giving God my 120% keeps coming back to me. Just feel bad about this for the past week and coupled with the fact that I have not seen her for almost a week. Think this is the biggest trap a single christian often falls into...

This afternoon, I don't know why I have the urge to go down to Mass Media. Think it is partly because I didn't get the book introduced to me by one of my brothers in church back in SKS yesterday. Anyway, while I was on the way, I realized that Mass Media closes at 1530 hours today with the helpful insight from some friends whom I smsed. It was already 1400 hours when I was just about to step into the train. I decided to rush the time in the end, thinking that half an hour would be enough for me. Thank God, I reached there at 1500 hours sharp!

However, when I am browsing through the books, I still couldn't find that title. It seems like I would never get the chance to see its cover even... However, one book caught my attention among so many books. I believe the Lord lead me to that book, because I always pray that God will lead me to a book that will minister to me whenever I am in a christian bookshop. It is titled, "Mystery of Marriage" by Mike Manson. I have flipped dozens of books on relationship and marriage lately, but none could compare to this particular title. In fact, it got the Gold Medallion Book Award and comes at a discounted price of 30%. It's so inspiring such that I read almost half of it this afternoon. I dare say this book is a challenge to those christian singles out there, and a resonant to those already in love. If there's any book I will introduce to you on relationship and marriage, this is the prime book!

Then I went over to my church for Alpha towards the evening. Thank God, the discussion today is more lively. It seems that they are more attentive today especially when I shared my testimony for the zillion times again! =D It is also the first time that I split my testimony into two halves and KIV the latter till next week... Innovation is the key huh? =P May they all be touched by my life testimony or should I say my family testimony in whatever ways the Lord intended so. Amen.

I told my chinese pastor that I wish to bring someone to be my backup singer on the 25th when I lead the chinese worship. He asked me who is it and I told him the truth. Now he knows about me and my love. =) Thank God, there's no dramatic scenes when I break the news to him. Hopefully, there wouldn't be tomorrow morning... =P I will be meeting her tomorrow for breakfast and going down to my church together. Praise God. Now my heart is getting more focus on God as He moulds me to be the life partner for my love. Thank You Father for hearing every of our prayers, they don't bounce back from the ceilings!

0 comments: