headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Happened to flip to the last page of that book and found a poem. It is a good read, filled with the poetic aura and indeed air grasping especially if you appreciate the beauty of words.  Here it goes:
 
The Lover's Hermitage
 
Love, you are my hermitage,
my dwelling for ever.
 
Just as a happy bachelor
may aspire to be a hermit,
so as your husband do I dream
of being more married.
 
Your body is a path leading
through a golden wood;
your love is a clearing
in the center of the forest.
 
Here have I built my home,
here in you alone.
With you I know a solitude
deeper than my own.
 
One table, one rocking chair
by the health of you -
and in your face a window
brighter than the sky!
 
Are not your arms a shelter
made of all my longings?
How gladly shall I spend my life
in the cool still hush of you!
 
Your words are quieter
than my thoughts.
Your moods are the shade
beneath dancing poplars.
 
When you smile I'm warmed
like the earth in the sun.
Your laugh is the brook
at my doorstep. 
 
Gentler are you than breath,
much stranger than death.
Just to touch your hair
is more peaceful than sleep.
 
Where else could I die
but in your brown eyes?
Surely all my wandering
finds its end in you.
 
Love, you are my hermitage,
my dwelling for ever.

0 comments: