headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Came back from cell group not too long ago. And I manage to pass a gift to my cell leader for her really belated birthday, which I bought from SKS Books Warehouse today. Whew, at least I still manage to find something for her. Thank God!

While I was on my way back home, in the cab which another brother from the cell paid for, he suddenly shot out a question asking me if something was bugging me. All I can say was, "Wow." I asked him how he knew, and he replied that he studied behaviors and I have been very "quiet" tonight. How could I forgot that he specialized in this field!!! >_<

So what was or is bugging me? Is it because I am missing her? Or is it because I am still in the process of adjusting my life? I guess there are some justifications for both speculations. I am still in the process of renewing my focus on God. This is especially so when I know that she runs the risk of becoming my idol in my life, that is replacing God in my life. Too often, we forget about the Giver when we receive some good gifts from the Giver. Even though I fully know this pitfall, it's somehow difficult to draw the line between a healthy connection and an unhealthy clinging onto someone. Is it then a coincident that the session back in the cell, touched on this point? No, I don't think so!

Father, help me to focus on You and not her. I thank You that You have given her into my life so that we may help one another to grow and mature in You. But let not this blessing turns into a curse. Instead, Lord grants us the zeal to serve You and the faith to put You first before everything. Above all, this relationship comes from You, may You work through it such that it brings glory to Your name at the end of the day. Teach me Lord, as I step into a new phase of life, where my faith is stretched further for my own good! And I thank You that You will never leave me nor forsake me at all times. Amen.

Anyway, I smsed him back telling him that God can sure use such a gift in him for His glory. And guess what? He actually called back to say thank you! Oh my, what a cute fellow he is, and for his age he can easily be my "uncle"... Hehe... =P

0 comments: