headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Well, I always told myself that remaining single is the best deal one could ever get. Without the hassle of a group of people, and the accountability that comes with it, singlehood is definitely the dream of all christian workers who want to devote themselves wholly unto His service. I always thought that this is the best route I can take, and trusting that God will certainly shield me from the suffering of relationships. In fact, I am more than willing to remain single for the Lord and had always been praying that God will lead me not into "temptations"... =P

But when love sparkes and flame ablaze, what can one say or do? T_T

I have known her for about slightly more than a year. In fact, it was her who called me up that night the first time. And that was how I got to know her... Hehe...

Just recently, which was last friday night, we were chatting through QQ, another software application like ICQ, MSN and the like. And she asked me over the internet if I will be surprised IF she has fallen on me. Wow, that's really a big IF the way she put it. And what do you think I told her?

I told her I wouldn't and this is the truth. Somewhere along the way, I did pick up some signals and I do know she might harbour some feelings for me. But for the sake of singlehood, I have always kept silent about it. The interesting thing is that she is a committed christian, the way I see it (And when I say the way I see it, you should trust my words), and she believes in singlehood also... =P Now why did God bring two people who believe in singlehood together?? Haha... This is a "big cruel" joke ever!

You might now turn and ask, "What about him? How did him feel for her?" Frankly speaking, I am so afraid to respond to this kind of issue for fear of complication. But I did reserve some feelings for her. It wasn't an instantaneous overflow of emotions, but one that is gradually building up. Anyway, she got no looks, money or figure (Oops, will she be reading this...), that's why I know that I like her not of her appearance, but inner qualities. In fact, I must admit that she will make a good christian spouse to any committed christian guy out there! =D

For once in my life, I would just like to be open to this relationship and see how God leads us. The consolation we have is that both of us are submissive to do God's will in our lives, which we think it's an important aspect. Even if all fails, I am sure we are going to be able to maintain a platonic relationship which is vital to singlehooders! =D

The biggest problem for me now is how should I break the news to my mum... =( Will she scream or jump or whatever? Since I have always told her that I will rather be single for the rest of my life... And of course, there are quite a few things we need to adjust, as we comes from different background and culture. Even now, I am just waiting for her to fly back to Singapore from China and have a good talk over it... =) It has been killing me plenty of cyber time just to chat with her during recent nights. Just last night, we chatted for almost 5 hours way past mid-night, and guess what's the topic about? Politics... Haha =P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oei! did i hear wedding bells?!?
wahahaha...!!!! ;p
don't worry, if u have difficulties breaking the news to your mum, just let me know lor... and i will lend a helping hand... anyway she knows me for more than 10 yrs liao... haha.. =)

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow... seldom hear u talk abt such personal stuff... hee hee.. thanks for sharing with us.. well.. hope to get some gd news along the way.. n now i noe why u r online whole night long till the wee hrs recently... haha... - wei

Elvin said...

The one who knows my mum for more than 10 years, too late liao leh... I already told her everything liao... Better practise how to ring the bells... I will get you to do it for yours and mine! Hahaha... =P

Hi wei, we never have time together mah, so how to talk this kind of personal stuffs? =P Btw, you don't need to expose yourself leh... How do you know I am up till the wee hours recently unless you do too? =P Anyway, she doesn't have internet access for the time being, can sleep now... Hahaha... =P