headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
I wrote this in the office while I was taking a break from work:

Abba Father,

Sometimes I really wonder what is it in life that is so good to be joyous about? Is it money, fame or the one next to me? You are the Life and truly where my joy comes from. Reading what your humble servant Paul wrote in his epistles, I just couldn't help but identify with him. This life has nothing in stored for us to which we can look forward to. Indeed, Paul wrote in his epistles with great eagerness as to the day when Your Son will return. Your word says that we are pilgrims and yes it is true, we are all lost children awaiting to be brought back to Your kingdom.

"And to Adam He said, Because you have listened to the voice of your wife and have eaten of the tree, of which I commanded you, saying, You shall not eat of it! The ground is cursed for your sake. In pain shall you eat of it all the days of your life. It shall also bring forth thorns and thistles to you, and you shall eat the herb of the field. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are, and to dust you shall return. " ~ Gen3:17-19

Looking further back at Genesis where the Your Word declares that work is a curse, I can hardly dispute with it especially when I have underwent through the lowest rung of the ladder. For me, neither do I live to work, nor work to live, for both do not have You in their perspective. In fact You know that I have been considering switching profession for a long time. And here I am, standing firmly to my belief that I should change my profession. I do not know where I will be heading exactly, but I do know that You will not leave me or forsake me wherever I go. Accountancy in a business context is simply not my cup of tea. If money is all else that matters, I wish to enter vocational christian work, social works, teaching or writing christian related materials.

I understand it is an age old question from brothers and sisters as to how do we discern whether if it's Your will or mine? My understanding is as follow: You have given us free will to choose, and as long as we choose within the a biblical safety zone, we will be fine. I never trusted the open/close door concept for if it is true, Jonah wouldn't have been able to board the ship when he tried to escape Your marvelous plan for him...

Thank You Father for giving me the pain of going through every decision making and the joy of maturing from these circumstances. Whatever it is, You always know my heart that I wish to live for You, for the rest of my life. May Thee break me and mould me, and use me according to Thy will.

Your Child

0 comments: