headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Have anyone ever heard of the voice of God? Most christians will not hesitated to claim that they have heard of His voice in one way or another. But how about the voice of the Devil? What I am about to share is not meant to glorify the Devil or what-so-ever.

During recent mornings, I could always hear the voice of the Devil whenever I cross the road near my workplace. I could hear him saying, "Take a step forward, and all will be over..." etc. Even when I am at high places, I could felt him asking me to jump down. People often said that it's hard to discern God's voice, whether that is true or not is a side issue, yet we are often so vulnerable to the Devil. If I, a christian, could hear the Devil's voice, what's more about a person who has not believed in Jesus Christ? And what will be the action he will take when he respond to the Devil's voice?

Is it a coincident that after I shared with my mum, my mum told me that on those few mornings, she had certain stirring in her soul to pray for my safety while I am on my way to work? Furthermore, I have a tendency to be able to go through the experience of the people around me. Just a couple of weeks ago, one of my PRC shared with me causally that she sometimes do have suicidal thoughts in her mind. It might just be God again to allow me go through what I am going through, in order to identify with the people I am reaching out to. It happened in the past, and it's no wonder that it's going to happen again.

Whatever it is, we should never be overly alarmed when we hear the Devil's voice. For Christ has already won the battle on that cross some two thousands ago. While some people claimed that such thoughts arose from psychological deficiency and has nothing to do with the Devil or God at all, I beg to differ. Though I agree that psychology has its part in most suicidal attempts, all the more so is the spiritual aspect behind the issue. For the material plane is born out of the spiritual plane. Didn't God say, "Let there be light: and there was light?" This shows that the spiritual plane precedes that of the material plane.

In any case, if we hear the words of the Devil, we must immediately rebuke it in the name of our Lord. Not by our own words, that are dull sword (or are they even sword to begin with), but with the Sword of the Spirit, that is the Word of God. For in the Scripture, we read,

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." ~ 2Cor 10:4-5

Only by drawing near to God, will the Devil flee from us. When the sheep run to the shepherd, the wolf will no longer chase after it, so that's the same principle for us. What's more our Shepherd is One whom is much greater than the Devil?

Dear Father, I thank you that I have not listened to the lies of the Devil and acted upon it. It's true when one of your servants said that we can't stop the bird from flying over our heads, but we can prevent the bird from building a nest on our heads. Temptation comes even to the sinless One, Jesus Christ, when He was alone in the desert for forty days, so who are we to complain that such things shouldn't landed on us? But pray this prayer whom our Lord teaches us,

"And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil..." For you know we are weak, so grant us the strength and grace to carry on, finding the opening you have provided for us in the beginning. I know I am strong when I am on my knees, so Lord, lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil. Amen

0 comments: