headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Brought an old friend whom I got to know from during the army days, to a creation seminar at Acts Baptist Church at Henderson Industrial Park yesterday afternoon. The speaker was Dr David Catchpoole B.Sc.(Hons), Ph.D. Plant Physiologist. It was the last seminar of an intense nine day period of seminars on the creation account in the Word of God. Being me, I have selectively chose to attend his first seminar, at Singapore Expo, and the last one yesterday, which I brought a friend along. I would definitely recommend people to this ministry: Answers in Genesis , for christians and christians yet-to-be alike, particularly those who have been indoctrinated to believe in evolutionism, ape-man theory, a billions year old Earth and the like.

It really burnt my wallet during this period as I laid my hands on quite a handful of their materials which they brought along. But I dare say it is a good investment, and especially when I couldn't order online without a credit card. So far, I have finished a couple of the books I bought and may I bring notice to you this book calls "The Puzzle of Ancient Men". It's indeed a fascinating book surveying on the ancient civilizations such as the Egyptian Pyramids and the Incas, and how it fits the biblical picture, written in plain simple-to-understand english. If you are interested to read about it, you may borrow from me. And I really suggest that you check out their website. Particularly, I much like their motto: "UPHOLDING THE AUTHORITY OF THE BIBLE FROM THE VERY FIRST VERSE".

0 comments: