headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Just came back from a wake not too long ago. This is officially the second wake I have attended so far, not counting those I have attended when I am younger. Somehow, I wonder am I a hard hearted person, because I don't feel anything when I attend such event. Perhaps it is because it is quite remote to me, both physically and emotionally. Perhaps it is because I never get to the see the corpse... The casket was sealed when I attended the wake back then. Or was it because I know that they are christians, and that they are in our Father's arms right now, that I don't see it as a remorseful event? I never have the chance to meet up with the old lady while she's still alive, even though I have all the chances to with some sacrifices on my part. I guess this is the only thing that will poke at my conscience. How many times have we say, "Wait" to our family members and friends? Can they wait for long to begin with? Too often, we have taken for granted the very life that we have. We live as if our lives will never end and that tomorrow is always there. We close our eyes at nights, and expect to open them to welcome the bright morning sun the next moment. But what is man, who doesn't even have control over the very life that he preciously guards? We play gods and make a fool out of ourselves by saying that tomorrow I will do this and the day after I will do that, not knowing that we aren't even certain about breathing for the next second.

I believe that God has given us this life and that by realizing our limits and acknowledging Him as the Lord over our lives, we will then learn to live lives that are worthy of living. Just how many living dead do you see them walking around? God has given us this life, and He has not left out His instructions on how to live this life. And His instructions are found in the book calls Bible. May all reading this, will come to know the Lord one day, and live a life worthy of living, pleasing God and loving those around us without finding lame excuses...

0 comments: