headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Time flies, and all things, good and bad, will come to an end... But how come my workload seems to defy this law? Projects after projects, swarming all who are still standing until all are drowned in the helpless sea of monstrosity called schoolwork. No prize for guessing, I am already 4000m below sea level... Stress? You bet I am, even after the workshop earlier on. I am not implying it's useless... =P But thanks God it's still a healthy stress. Perhaps I wouldn't be able to laugh and relax like now, if I haven't come to know God. Wonder how I passed my 'A' level or pre-university life back then?

Before I forget, just wanted to share about the interDG held two days ago. My DGL, the one leading me in small group discussion, played for us and he led us in a song which I often heard in church, but never to be found in my song book. It's titled, "Here I am to worship", and the lyrics are so beautiful with an easy tune, which I am going to paste the lyrics right here:

Verse 1
Light of the world you stepped down into darkness
Opened my eyes let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with you

Chorus
So, here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that you're my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me

Verse 2
King of all days oh so highly exalted
Glorious in Heaven above
Humbly you came to the Earth you created
All for love's sake became poor

Bridge
And I'll never know how it cost
To see my sin upon that cross [X2]

For the benefit of those who are not familiar with christian jargon, Light of the world in Verse 1 and King of all days in Verse 2, refer to Jesus. The whole song spelled out God's love for us, that God Himself came to this world, take upon Himself whatever wrongs we have done, forgives us of our wrongs we commit towards Him and the people around us, and pour out His Love into our heart such that we may love one another, and especially those whom we have never liked before.

Pardon me for sidetracking, but indeed it's a nice song. I will play it in my cell group when I have the opportunity. Oh yeah, did I say I will PLAY it? When did I ever learn to play the guitar? I haven't been to any classes on guitar, you have guessed wrongly. I picked up the guitar by hearing and seeing some of the brothers and sisters-in-Christ in actions. Really thank God for allowing me to play the six-stringed instrument to praise Him, despite my standard being only for home entertainment purposes. =D Even the guitar I have now is a gift from God at the very precise timing. My aunt gave it to me a couple of years ago around the time I became a christian. Sorry, but I forgot the exact date when I first gave my life to Jesus... =P It matters more to me that I know I am christian daily than a specific time long ago.

Sidetracked again... We shared some of the events that happened in our lives to encourage one another, and played some games. I forgot the name... Is it "Win, Lose or Draw"? The one where you draw some pictures on the board while guess what are you drawing. Correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, we had a fun time together, even though it is the first time I am seeing some of them. Thank God for bringing friends into our lives. Amen!

0 comments: