headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Monday again... Where should I begin?

Have you heard of the Alpha course before? It's actually a seeker friendly course for people who would like to know more about the faith in Jesus as a Christian, who don't intend to buy the "tough preaching" like, "Go to hell, if you don't believe" and the like. Alpha was originally started by Nicky Gumbel and today, many have come to know the Lord through Alpha. Praise God for choosing to work through Alpha. Please click on Alpha for more information. Coincidentally, my church had just started Alpha Youth recently in which I am personally involved in one way or another. The Lord brought to the Alpha course some of the Boys' Brigade officers from one of my church ministries ~ The Boys' Brigade (which I am also serving in), and many mainland Chinese, nurses to be, from one of the local tertiary institutions, and a handful of them whom I got to know during my last mission trip. If you are interested to find out more about the mission trp I had back during my holidays, I will send you my team's thanksgiving newsletter if you will to get to my mail box specifying your intention @ "elvineve@yahoo.com.sg". Just last Saturday, 4 out of 5 PRCs from the same household actually came down for Alpha, two of whom had just joined for the first time. I still remember during my mission trip, we actually went down to their house to share with them the gospel and to pray with them. Today, I can really see how God is moving in their hearts, especially when one of the PRCs used to ask atheistic questions on my team. Guess what? She had accepted Christ a couple of weeks back then, during one of the church services she attended, and since then begin to taste the goodness of God and testifying to us. Really praise God for all His doings. Let me end with a verse here. "I (Jesus speaking) have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~ John 10:10

Friends, if you are still reading, let me tell you that this eternal life offered starts now and not after death, a misconception held by many. Have you received this gift?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Very funny post...