headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
It's Tuesday morning! Finally I manage to post my postings in a consecutive day. =)

Before I forget about it, I wish to share with you about this old lady whom I visited with one of my church mates last Sunday, as part of my church's effort to reach out to the community. Not long ago, my church has adopted one of the local communities. What does an adoption means then? It basically means focusing on the community in serving them unconditionally, regardless of race and religion. For more information on my church, click on PPHBC. Back to the old lady. We were distributing moon cakes then to the residents to bless them as the moon cake festival is approaching. (I love moon cakes!) Somehow I can sense the loneliness she has, after multiple visits. Her husband is dead, leaving her with one son, who has got some mental problems, and a daughter who isn't living with her. When we went into her house, she shared with us, proudly, her grand-daughter's (daughter's) achievements, mentioning her dead husband here and there. She went on to mention how her son has been causing her sleepless night recently and the allergic she has. Well, what's more can I say but to sympathize for her? We pray for her before we left since she was leaving for church services. At the end of it, she passed us some drinks as a gift in return for the moon cakes, I guess. I believe that her act really hinted to us that she has been blessed from the start of the adoption of the community, and even truer after she had accepted Jesus as her Lord. Really thank God for showing grace and mercy to this old lady. Indeed, the Lord never leaves us alone, even when all other things or people seem to move away from us. "'Never will I (Jesus speaking) leave you; never will I forsake you.'" ~ Hebrews 13:5

Now, dear friends, treasure your family members if you have never.

0 comments: