headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Before I get flooded by the school workload, I just wanted to share about the last session of the Alpha Course which took place last saturday. As usual, the first and last sessions of anything call for nothing less than the best. We had a very sumptuous steamboat in church. Did I say steamboat? That's right! Why did they keep all the good food away from us for the previous sessions? =D Indeed, we have a very enjoyable time and food! Okay okay, before I give you the impression that this blog is about food, I better tell you that this blog is about, none other than, Mr FOOD! But it is spiritual food I meant. For the Word of God says in Matthew 4:4, "Jesus answered, 'It is written: Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God'."

What happened then during the last session for the Alpha Course? You might be surprised, we really spent a lot of time eating... =P And a lot of sharing as well! Some of the participants, two BB officers and one PRC friend, actually shared with the whole group about their experiences of encountering God. Though the two guys seemed somewhat lost at words, being a generous audience, we spared them from the "torture". It is my PRC friend that shared very long, about how she didn't believe in God to begin with. How her good friend kept talking to her about God, and how eventually God touches her and she gladly gives herself up to God and believes in him wholeheartedly. For those good eyes, you might think that I am not consistent with my tenses in the previous sentence, ie "touches", "gives" and "believes". But this is exactly the meaning, that a relationship with God is a daily concern, an ongoing process, a transaction that is forever never ending for the business minded friends. Back to her, I am amazed by her faith in God presently, because it was rather hard for us to make sense of the Bible to her during the good old days. Whew... Just made me sweat thinking of it. Praise the Lord!

Ending... Well when there's a beginning, there's always an ending. I will miss my PRC friends... But wait! As it name implies, Alpha has no ending, it is the beginning! May this particular Alpha Course be a blessing to the participants, and a platform to start thinking about life's biggest issue ~ "Where do we come from?", "Where are we going?" and "Who are we?" and the like. Thank God for letting me be part of this Alpha Course!

0 comments: