headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
Well well, yesterday was coincidentally, also the first time I am leading a Discipleship Group. DG is group of believers coming together to fellowship with one another during school terms in the campus, a term used by Campus Crusade for Christ. For more information on CCC, click on Campus Crusade for Christ International. I wouldn't dwell on CCC much here. Instead, I wish to share about my experiences in leading a DG. First and foremost, I guess many people would actually only see the end result of the DG. What has been forgotten is the preparation works of the leaders. Unless we recognized their effort, we tend to be too critical in evaluating their performance using our own standards. I believe when God placed me in some of the leadership roles, He really taught me to be humble, neither seeking power nor authority. Instead, He showed me the servant hood of a leader. This not only applies to the church context, but extends to the marketplace as well. I guess I could appreciate more deeply, some leaders God has placed in my life, than before. Who else will want to do this "dirty" job, if not for the love of Christ? Next, I want to give thanks to God for my disciple as well. I am really encouraged by my disciple, for his heart for God. A heart that is willing to surrender oneself and to serve God, for His glory. Even though I have only one committed disciple when it's supposedly a DGroup, I give praise to God for He knows how much I can handle. Even for the other two, whom I have been contacting, I really hope to see them be on fire for God and perhaps fellowship with one another in a DG setting. Allow me to share these two verses to you which I really hold on to. "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." ~ Hebrews 10:24-25

0 comments: