headerphoto
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander." ~ 1 Peter 3:15-16
It would have been a total impossibility if I am to pen down all my testimonies since I accepted the Lord, despite the fact that I am only two years old in Christ. For this reason, I am only going to pen down the recent events that happenened in my life and recounting my blessings as often as I am able to. And before I begin penning anything, I thought it might be wise to introduce myself a little, so that you maybe able to identifiy with me as you continue reading. The name's Elvin, 22 , presently an undergraduate, majoring in Accountancy, in one of the local university in Singapore. Now living with my dearest mother and lovely brother, who is twelve years younger than me, ever since my parents divorced when I am in pre-university 2. Life has been harsh on us, especially the financial aspect, but we continue to take joy in our Lord Christ Jesus. My mother, though registered as a part-time worker with the IRAS, is literally unemployed as she failed to bring home a satisfactory amount of income. We rely much on my father's alimony to pay off my brother's school fees, tuition fees and piano lessons. Why all this extra spending one may ask. My mother believes that no matter how financially unsound we may be, education is still a good investment for our future living. Perhaps that explains why I am able to enroll in one of the local university, despite having a huge bank loan on my back for my course fees. Well, the rest of our income comes from my church, sponsoring us partially, while my first aunt helpng us to pay off some of our bills at ad hoc basis. You might question how well we are managing with this kind of lifestyle, but I can tell you that though we sometimes feel despair and weary, we delight ourselves even more in serving our Lord. The peace of God, and His abounding joy indeed fill our hearts, such that we are living above the circumstances. May the verse the Lord has given to my family minister to you if you are as lacking as me. "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~ Matthew 6:33-34

0 comments: